Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Importance of a System and Comments

One of the things that I have been working on over the past few years is creating a system for gathering and collating information. I guess I got pretty focused on the first aspect. I am trying to improve on the second. It is actually less exciting in the first instance. Yet, it can be almost, if not more important than the first aspect in working of family histories.

The third aspect slowed almost to a complete stop. That is reporting on what you find so that others can benefit. One thing that has helped me to get back to doing the third aspect is comments from viewers of this blog, or on the various message boards (more likely at the moment). There have been a number of comments on this blog and message boards that have forced me to work through my materials to think things through.

Also, people commenting and asking questions often leads to someone providing further information. So, thank you to those who have been commenting. Please keep doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment