Friday, December 20, 2013

Seeking and Finding Lost Sheep: John and Clarence Milton Hayes

I got into the game of family history because a Bible with information about the Peper family in Michigan went missing. My Dad wondered who these people were. His sister provided a way forward with the list of names for the Bulman family hand written by her grandfather. I took it from there nearly thirty years ago.

It has been slow going at times. Many times, I put the materials away. I sometimes despair of ever getting everything in this blog. I still have to keep searching for the 'lost sheep'. But, these are stories to be told and histories to explore. These are people who lived and died. Their living made mine possible. Their dying reminds me that I have a limited time to make a difference in the lives of others.

For the next few posts, I would like to bring the Hayes family to the foreground. Specifically, I would like to outline the fortunes of my father's great grandfather, John, and his grandfather, Clarence Milton Hayes. For a long time they were 'brick walls'. I am still looking for information about their beginnings and endings. However, I know have a much clearer idea of what this means.

Indeed, I believe that I have discovered John's family in both Michigan and in Upper Canada (Ontario). I cannot absolutely be certain that I am right at this point. However, my past experience tells me that getting some information out on the blog might lead to someone in the larger family connected the dots more adequately.

Hanover, Wexford County, Michigan will loom large in this story as will Royal Oak, Oakland, Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment