Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Jeremiah Delos Bulman Family in Eau Claire, Wisconsin


This has been an amazing day. I have received information about the Jeremiah Delos Bulman family, including a picture. My very great thanks to the contributor who will remain nameless as is the policy of this blog with regards to the living. The quality is not the best at this point. I'll see if we can be a better version up soon. But, the idea of having a picture of Jeremiah and the others to complement the Frederick Albert Bulman family picture was too much to resist.

Now, who is who? Frederick is the male standing on the left. I think that Walter is the young man sitting on the left. The gentleman standing on the right is no doubt Harvey Shepard. According to FAB, he married Elizabeth Sarah Bulman on 17 November 1900. (The Wisconsin Genealogical Index has him marrying Lizzie Bulman on 17 December 1900). This was the first of the marriages I believe.

Since Fred and Lena married on 18 October 1902 and since Lena is not in the picture, I think we can say that the photo was taken between these two dates. Also, it looks like FAB is wearing a service medal as is his father, Jeremiah, who is seated. So, since FAB left D Company of the 3rd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry in January 1899 and since Jeremiah Bulman died on 17 July 1903, these are the outside dates.

Katherine Louise Bulman was the youngest of the girls. I think that she is on the left. Margaret is sitting the left and I suspect that Mary Jane is sitting on the right. Therefore, Edith (Eda) Loretta is on the right standing. By way of contrast, here is a picture of Katherine and her husband, Carl Miller (Mueller) that I found on the web at a online grave site.

I'll get permissions about some background to this couple and post the information in the future. However, I am trying to keep the information published in this blog as publicly verifiable as possible. I certainly will only post personal stories with permissions. However, I may use information from a variety of stories in a composite fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment