Monday, October 19, 2009

Of Three Sisters: Margaret Bulman nee Mayer and her two sisters

Well girls, perhaps someday you will have a picture such as this taken. This is my great great grandmother, Margaret Bulman (in the rear) and her two sisters mentioned in the Eye of the Storm post earlier today. If that trip hadn't been in summer I might have thought that this picture was taken then. On the other hand, older people like to stay warm and it can get cold even in the northern states even in summer.

Again, I won't have a great deal of time to work on this blog for a few days. So, I thought I post it as soon as possible. Besides, I would like to get some material up on Jeremiah Delos Bulman and the rest of his family fairly soon so that we have a least the backbone of the Bulman family outlined in the blog. I won't be able to trace out everything quickly; but, I would like to get back to Patrick (Peter) and Sarah (Sally) Bulman, Jeremiah's parents, before next month. Of course, I will only be able to relate a few of the more salient details until I have more time over the Christmas break.

As you know, November is a special month for us remembering our dead and considering the nature of our obligations to both those who have come before us and those who will follow. The book of Tobit is worth reading in preparation for next month. The fourth Thursday in November will be Thanksgiving in the United States. This, as you know, has always been a very important time for families to gather and consider there blessings. I must admit that I am very much grateful for the ability to use technology in a way that helps us to actively remember rather than passively forget. The talents that you three continually develop and deploy are quite amazing in this regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment